Det har blivit dags för en författarintervju igen mina vänner och denna fredag är det ingen annan än Lauren Oliver ni får möta! Lauren är i Sverige aktuell med den sista delen i Delirium-trilogin, Rekviem.
Next year, the book ”Panic” gets released. Can you tell me something about it?
– Panic is a realistic standalone YA novel, about a small, poor town, where the teenagers play a very dangerous game of dares to win money.
You have been moving around in a lot of genres, from dystopia to contemporary to fantasy and middle grade. Which genre do you like the most when it comes to writing?
– I don’t really think in terms of genre when I’m writing. I think of a story I want to tell instead of focusing on, ”okay, now I want to try writing fantasy!”
Who or what inspires you?
– I’m constantly finding new writers that inspire me to try new things. I also try to be as observant of the world around me as I can. You never know where inspiration will come from!
Do you read? If so, what kind of books do you read?
– I read very broadly! I real lots of YA, and adult literature, but I also love reading science journalism and all kinds of random things!
Who is your favourite author?
– That’s so impossible! I did love Roald Dahl when I was young though, so I’ll say him. :)
Which books would you recommend to read this fall?
– Eternity, the final book in the Fury trilogy by Elizabeth Miles was just released this September and it’s GREAT! I love the book and I’m so excited to be doing some events with her this Fall.